Carnival Australia is part of the Carnival Corporation, the world’s leading cruise holiday company, representing iconic brands including P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Cunard, Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line and Seabourn.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Business Analyst – Capital Expenditure plays a key role within the company’s Finance team, partnering with key business leaders to effectively manage all aspects of Capital Expenditure and Depreciation Expense, in line with clearly defined corporate policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business Partner across the organization to develop accurate Capital Expenditure and Depreciation plans
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at an Executive level
- Develop superior real time reporting of actual and committed spend
- Manage Capital spend within planned amounts through high levels of visibility
- Produce long term projections of Capital Base
- Provide insights on best use of resources for purposes of maximizing returns and key metrics
- Manage the Fixed Assets accounts in the Balance Sheet in conjunction with the external transactional service provider
- Perform monthly reviews of Fixed Asset accounts in the Balance Sheet and develop superior Balance Sheet reporting.
We seek applications from degree qualified individuals (Commerce, Accounting or Finance) studying towards a CA, CPA or CIMA qualification with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance within a commercial environment. The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A proven track record of producing and delivering against plans within strict Corporate guidelines
- A highly analytical mindset
- The capability, personality and enthusiasm to Business Partner with a wide range of senior stakeholders
- Strong experience in managing a Balance Sheet
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Systems - TM1 and Oracle would be advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite – Intermediate-to-advanced in Excel is essential
- An undeniable passion for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Superior influencing skills, with the ability to challenge key stakeholders on various decisions through high levels of assertiveness
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail